When I first learnt that She Leads Africa annual Slay Festival was going to be held at the infamous Tafewa Balewa Square (TBS), I was quite impressed because TBS has a wonderful space for such an event and compared to last year, it definitely was a good improvement.
Fast forward to sun scorching Saturday, I got there as normal with my squad @thisthingcalledfashionn & @effkoko the ambience of the event was really good, it felt like a Coachella (at least from what I have seen) but with a lesser crowd probably because the gate fee was 5,000 NGN. A lot of nice picture spot, saw familiar faces, same old marketplace, Food court and different talk sessions going on with amazing guest speakers.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CONTENT TO CASH CLASS
- Referrals: This is the oldest means of marketing. A work well done will always bring new customers. The best referrals one can get is from family and friends.
- Have a personality: Let’s people you for a particular thing. i.e Aso Ebi Bella is know for promoting the beauty and culture of African especially Nigerian weddings.
- Make genuine friends of social media
- Grow organically: This is a slow process but in the end it is always worth it.
- Make sure you are delivering.
@Iamyeychii and I
The next guest speaker was Bonang Matheba. Let us observe a minute of silence for Bonang’s SLAY……. It’s way beyond the nice dresses, The Loubs and sleek hair, Damn!!! 🔥 Bonang definitely deserves the title she who reigns supreme.
HIGHLIGHT OF HER SESSION
- To get people’s attention you have to be good at what you do.
- Starve your distractions and feed your focus.
- Find that one thing about you that you can bottle and sell.
- Be unapologetic about your beauty, power and sexiness.
- Return hate with love, kill them with kindness and then bury then with success.
- Pray and have faith
- I actually don’t understand why you have to pay 5,000 NGN for tickets.
- As much as I enjoyed the talk session, I think talk sessions are becoming too saturated but then no knowledge is ever enough.
- I also think mentorship should be done during Slay Festival, I mean its She Leads Africa.
- The location was very good and the crowd was nicely controlled or maybe it could be because tickets were 5k.
- Generally, the organisers did a very good job with the event. From media publicity to the event on the main day. It was definitely a good day.
Bag: New Look
That’s all about my Slay Festival experience. Did you attend the Slay Festival 2018? How was it for you?
Do share your comment below, let’s gist.
Thank you for reading.